RETHINKING OFFSHORE WIND
Optimized for Offshore Floating Wind
- One integrated design for floating offshore wind
- Two counter-rotating turbines
- Tilted with the wind (similar to sail boats)
- Simple design; no nacelle, gear, cooling, yaw
- Generator as part of floater and ballast
- Scalable up to 40MW and 400m height
- Reduced wake effect and increased turbine density
Few components with generator below sea level
- Two main counter-rotating components (blades/turbine, shaft and mast, generator)
- Generator in bottom as stabilizer and counterweight. Rotor and stator counter-rotating.
- Blades/ rotor: 3-dimensional trajectory (swept area as cone). Struts add to wind energy capture and capture efficiency.
- Direct drive (no gear)
Environmentally friendlyThe vertical axis turbines have less impact on wildlife as the rotating turbine is perceived as a natural obstacle. The low speed of the rotor blade’s wing tip prevents birds strikes, in addition to our design also allowing for increased used of recyclable materials.
High area efficiency
- Significant lower wake; less wake turbulence and wind channeled down to sea level
- Distance between turbines reduced with 50%; 4 times increased number of turbines possible for a give sea area
Integrated design for deep sea floating offshore
Highly scalable and cost efficient counter rotating turbine for offshore bottom-fixed
Highly scalable and cost efficient counter rotating turbine for onshore use
Small scale turbines
World’s first counter rotating turbine in action